Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Buddy


Little Sticky turns three today. I awakened this morning just before sunrise to find him lying next to me. (Both boys journey down to our room between 1 and 3am, but that issue deserves its own post.) Little was talking to himself. I have no idea what he was saying, but he was obviously dreaming about something in playland.

While listening to him mumble, I thought about the very first time I saw his sweet little face. Remembering it so vividly, three years ago - my baby boy. I smiled to myself and placed my arm around his - not as pudgey as it used to be - belly. They grow and change so fast it is becoming harder to remember each stage and milestone. I breathed in the smell of his freshly washed hair, and wondered "Would I remember this sweet moment as well as I did the day he was born?" Probably not, but journaling about it will likely help.

Happy Birthday Little Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment