Monday, February 22, 2010

A Pirate Looks at Forty

So actually, it should read "A Pirate Looks at Five." As in my oldest. Big Sticky, turns 5 today! Yesterday started a week long birthday celebration. We had a super cute pirate birthday cake to share with cousins. Tonight we do an immediate family party at a burger joint (so they will sing to him), Wednesday he will have a giant chocolate chip birthday cake cookie at preschool, and then Friday we are doing our first "friends" birthday party at Monkey Joe's! Oh what a fun week we have planned!

I took this picture last week of my big little guy. He was {kind of} dressed up like a pirate, so I asked him the obvious, "Are you a pirate? Arrrgh!" He replies, "No, mommy. I'm Buzz Lightyear just pretending to be a pirate." Oh! I guess I was supposed to know that.


Here he is last night with his little brother who were both fascinated by the Pirate ship birthday cake.


In case you were wondering where I got the cake, I bought it at Lowe's Foods. Yes. This was a grocery store cake!! They have a new line called Signature Cakes. I thought it was super cute and it included mini-pirates with bendable joints, a canon, a treasure chest, a bandana, ship deck, and a mast. And that's exactly what we needed, more little toys for my little boys to sprinkle all over the floor so that I can step on them in my bare feet. I think they do it on purpose just to try and get dirty words out of me!


And here is a close-up of the crew. Don't their hands just look like they are waiting to be served a frosty beverage?


And here is a photo of my little matey when he was only 9 months old. His first Halloween. I forgot how chunky {and super cute!} he was..


Happy Bithday Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment