Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thawing out...

Brain freeze. Normally associated with sucking down a super creamy chocolate shake too fast. In my case, it is the result of 2 1/2 weeks of Christmas chaos with the Holiday hooligans who because of the outdoor freezing temperatures have been forced to stay inside and resultingly have ransacked my house with their new planes, trains, and automobiles. And I mean that in a total literal sense.

I haven't been able to think, let alone write or blog. But today things have changed. The boys finally returned to preschool this morning and despite the outside freezing temps, this one event has caused my brain to move into defrost mode. Inside my head feels a little more like slush which means we are ever so close to normalcy.

I cannot believe the Season of Christmas is already over. The only reminders that linger are a few pieces of evergreen and glitter that the vacuum missed, several presents still in their opened boxes that I haven't put away, and just under three hundred cardboard boxes that need to be de-twist-tied and flattened so that I can take them to the local recycling center.

Now we move officially into 2010. I haven't even thought about resolutions. I just know that I need to eat less, exercise more, and yell at the kids a little more softly. So far, I have eaten less, but only because I refused to go grocery shopping until the kids were back in school. The only exercise I have gotten so far is dodging nerf bullets and remote control cars, so I'll have to keep working on that one.

And how about that yelling thing? Well, I must say 5 days into the new year and I have done pretty darn good. After ratting me out the last day of preschool before the holidays, Little Sticky's teacher didn't greet me this afternoon with "Did you talk ugly to him this morning?"

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. uh oh, looks like i better start to yell a little less before she learns to put sentences together!

    ReplyDelete