a) Fallen off the face of the earth.
b) Been locked away in her son's bedroom (the room where she turned the lock around to keep them in.)
c) Quit blogging.
d) None of the above.
If you guessed "d," congratulations! You are correct! What then, say thee, has happened? Well, you should find it no coincidence that the current last blog post is dated May 18th... the last day of preschool for the 2009-2010 year. It turns out that being home with 3 children ages 5 and under day after day after day after day after exactly 74 days is incredibly tiring. I've tried the pool, and while that seems to wear the kids out, it wears at me even more. I've tried the parks, but let's face it, this summer has been hot. Super hot. Too hot for me, too hot for them. I've tried craft projects, but I am out of glue and out of patience. I've tried the library, once. Mistake. I've tried the mall, twice. BIG mistake. Same thing for Target, the grocery store, and any other retail establishment.
Lately I have resorted to DVD's, previously recorded shows on the DVR, and Nick Jr. Do I feel guilty? Absolutely NOT! Afterall, I still have to get the cooking, and cleaning, and laundry, and everything else done around here.
And then there is this other "little" project I have been working on this summer. Turns out, that things are about to get a
I have enjoyed the reactions from close friends and family as we have shared the news. Some of my favorites include:
- "Was it planned?"
- "Better you than me!"
- "Are you excited?" (accompanied by a shoulder shrug and wince)
- "Are you getting fixed after this one?" (accompanied by head tilt, chin down, eyebrow lift)
- and my favorite... "You know what causes that, right?"
- Four Kids and Counting (Subtitled: The amount of money they will cost us thru college)
- The Real Housewife of O.C. (Organized Chaos)
- Tot Chef
- Big Brother (and Little Brother, Sister, and a Baby)
- Project Runaway